Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dossier To China



The documents in our dossier have been notarized (certified by the appropriate state court or agency), and have had the "state seal" affixed to them by the appropriate state government offices.  Our paperwork is all “sealed” up! This is wonderful news! With all the state seals in place our adoption agency mailed our dossier to China on March 11, 2011.  Our dossier was sent to China via international express mail.  Our agencies Beijing representatives will hand-deliver it to the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs).  Now, our next wait is for our log in date from the CCAA.

Here are some words from our adoption agency social worker. “Once your dossier is submitted to China, most families travel about 4 - 6 months later.  This timeline may be a little bit shorter if the CCAA decides to expedite the process for the boys - which I feel that they might because they are very keen on getting them adopted as soon as possible.”

As we prepare to adopt our sons’ from China, I have been doing some reading about their culture and customs. China just celebrated Chinese New Year and one of the customs for a child is to receive a new set of clothes and shoes to celebrate the new year... and I began to think about the children living in orphanages. Their lack of a family who would provide such an outfit does not exist.  

Our sons’ will soon have the gift of a family…our family. Once home, they will begin to learn that their needs will be provided for by us. It will take time as they learn they don’t have to be in control and watch out for themselves…something a child who lives in an orphanage has had to learn to do.

As I read and learn, I am reminded that I am NOT an orphan. I have a Heavenly Father who is taking care of me. He is taking care of the details of my life. It is a lifelong process of learning to trust and learning that I’m loved with such an intense, unconditional  love. My prayer for our sons’ is that they come to be a part of His family. May they come to fully understand the love of a Heavenly Father who can meet there needs…fully and completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment