Monday, May 9, 2011

Sharing

As I was preparing this post, I received an email from our social worker informing us that we can send photos and small gifts to Ya Hui and Li Gua. This is great news!!

As we await the arrival of Ya Hui and Li Gua, it is reassuring for us to know that Tyler and Troy are also excited to have the boys arrive. Troy, who lives in Louisville, KY, and is studying at Boyce College, inquires about the adoption process often and is always eager to hear of any news. Troy is also thinking through when he will meet the boys and have a chance to spend time with them.  Our oldest son, Tyler, lives in Minneapolis, MN, and is a substitute teacher in Ellsworth, WI and frequents our home weekly. Tyler has had the pleasure of watching us fill out the paperwork for the adoptions and to hear our moans and groans over the stacks of paperwork. Tyler was kind enough to think of the boys when shopping the clearance aisles this spring.  He purchased a jacket, which he hopes will fit either Ya Hui or Li Gua.

It is important for our present sons’ to know they are not being replaced by Ya Hai or Li Gua, we are only adding to our family.  As they adjust to life with brothers, we will all be adjusting to more additions to our family.

As we adopt our sons’ from China and bring them into our lives, we will also be sharing our lives with another family. Last October, I had the privilege of going on a mission trip to Croatia and Bosnia/Herzegovinian through our church. During this trip, I became acquainted with a “peculiar” lady from MI, whose name is Sarah. Everyone thought of her as such a true lady, but I saw her as odd or “peculiar.” But over time, that changed.  I noticed her qualities of generosity and caring were her distinguishing characteristics. Sarah is a woman of faith and great strength.  Over the next several days on the trip, Sarah and I became friends and I now see her as a great treasure in my life. God separated His people to be a peculiar bunch, to make known His Name, and to be a glory to Him among all people. And this is Sarah! We look forward to getting to know Sarah and her family better in the months ahead.  Sarah has kindly offered to travel to China with us, and we are excited to have her journey with us in bringing our sons’ home.  Sarah lives out her life whose heart is filled with the love of God and willingly shares that love with others.

We pray for a miraculous bonding between us and our Chinese sons’. We pray that Ya Hui and Li Gua will bond close to each other, to our families, and to our friends.




1 comment:

  1. Great news! And "Grandma Sarah" can't wait to get those boys home and get to know them! Praise the Lord that all the preparations are coming together.

    ReplyDelete